Hometown Photo

Hometown Photo

Monday, July 15, 2013

Life - Full Throttle!

Since the 18th of March, when I left my beloved Europe, my life can be described as nothing short of heading full throttle into life after University.

Stepping off the plane onto U.S. soil was, as per usual, a mix of emotions for me. This time this was accompanied by a degree of uncertainty. For once in my life - I do not have all the steps ahead planned out and strategized. My story after the end of July is unwritten right now, which is both exciting and a bit nerve racking.




To be home with my family for a month after returning to the U.S. was truly a gift. I got to be there for Easter with my family, and I got to help celebrate the Birthday of my amazing brother. While these may seem commonplace, I had not been home for Easter or Michael's birthday for years, so it really meant more than I can express in words. Also, during the time I was home, my family moved from the house we have been in for twenty years. The fact that we were able to do this together as a family, made it easier on all of us.

In this time of 'uncertainty' in my life, to be able to spend a month in my hometown, with my loving and supportive family was Perfect. Particularly so when on the first of May, I once again packed my life into two suitcases and boarded a plane. This time I have moved to New York City in order to work for the European American Chamber of Commerce for three months. A city the size of which I have never experienced, a place where I know practically no one, and a job that I knew would challenge me to put what I have learned into action.


Now I have been in New York City for close to three months, and it has been nothing short of crazy. I have gotten to meet people, and do things I never thought imaginable. And yet, it is all going so fast, I lack the time to ponder about what I am doing. One second I am shaking the hand of an Ambassador, and the next moment I am standing on the balcony at the New York Stock Exchange.

Life has been such a whirl that I am behind on keeping everyone updated. When in doubt, check out europeanpublicaffairs.eu for more on my various projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what your thoughts are about my adventures!! :)