Hometown Photo

Hometown Photo

Monday, March 18, 2013

Opting For See You Soon!

A weakness of mine - I cannot say 'Goodbye'. I am a firm believer that there is never a moment for actual Goodbyes, but rather that there are periods of separation in life. These periods are the reason why moments together must always be cherished. I believe that everyone in my life means something, that every person I encounter aids me in my life journey, making me who I am. It is the people in my life that create beautiful memories. While I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate beautiful places, it is the people that make that place special.

I have been thoroughly blessed with the people in my life - my time in Maastricht was no exception to this. To come to such a beautiful city, not knowing a soul, and to leave with friends I regard as family is something I will cherish all my life. I have grown as a person here, pushing beyond the familiar into a territory which forced me to discover more about who I am. Everyone here, from my housemates to my classmates to all my other friends, I will miss dearly. But as I said before - it is not goodbye - it is a 'See You Soon'.




Today, I go back to some of the people that will always constitute a 'home' for me - my parents and my brother. I can not wait to step off the plane, get through customs and launch myself into the arms of those who have always, and will always be there for me.

Last night I was reminded that 'home' is where the heart is...no matter how many places that may be.

Ta Ta For Now Maastricht! It really has been great!

4 comments:

  1. Natasha, I was fortunate and happy to have you a friend and classmate.
    You always had great positive energy that you transmited to us.
    Going in line with your See you Soon, I will use a slightly ammended Na'vi saying "I see you Always"-Oel ngati kameie...

    Best wishes, Bardh (Hope you visit Kosovo soon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you! We must do lunch soon. :) Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Du er nødt til at komme tilbage til Danmark snart! Nyd at være sammen med din familie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to have you back in the States. We have missed your giggling, sarcasm and random factoids around here. Glad to finally get them back.
    -James

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what your thoughts are about my adventures!! :)